Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Beautiful Thing....





Living in these little, and I mean little student houses we never really needed a big nice vacuum. The floors are the old high school tiles, the kind they have in the cafeteria. We had a couple of area rugs so just a little puny vacuum would work. Well we have 2 puny vacuums and they both died!! So since we are moving to a house with 3 stories of carpet we decided to get a fancy vacuum (yeah)!! We got it in the mail the day we were doing some deep cleaning and if your like me anything new in the cleaning department makes me want to clean more!! My kids even got into it, that alone is a rare, but beautiful thing. Brooke vacuumed the rugs and Emily and Jack helped clean out the fridge. After a couple of hours of scrubbing they were so tired Emily even fell asleep. Sam got home that evening and started to take down our shed to get it ready for the movers ( they won't take anything down so we have to do it ourselves). Under the floor boards was a horrible moving carpet of cockroaches seriously they could have carried Sam off if he got to close. The one I took a picture of wasn't even close to being the biggest, I just wasn't going to go chase the "big" one down for the sake of a little picture.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

How exciting about your new vacuum, it does make it more fun to clean when you have fun toys.

Deborah said...

Hey Shannon! I tagged you over on my blog if you want to play along!

And I'm jealous of your vacuum. We bought a cheap one when we first got married, and I keep wanting to get a nice one!

Holly said...

I bet your excited about the bigger house. Nice vacuum. Hope all is going well. I still can't believe your moving further away. We didn't even get a chance to visit you there.

Unknown said...

sounds like you're lovin' it there! i miss you guysso much!
-kerstin

The Hillan Family said...

Shannon!!! Hey, it's Alisa (Cardon)! I'm so glad you have a blog! You're kids are SO ADORABLE!!! Your vacuum story cracks me up! I want to invite you to our blog but I need your email address, (if you want). My email is hensaru@hotmail.com